The Half Marathon will start promptly at 7:00 a.m.
The half marathon is run on a fairly challenging, certified course on rural roads southeast of the Tanger Outlet Center. It is an out-and-back course that includes a loop of approximately 9 miles. The course is fairly flat between miles 4 and 5.5, and again between miles 7 and 8.5; the rest is moderately-rolling hills, with a rather nasty one at mile 2.5.
For a course map and elevation chart, click here.
Pre-registration (received by 2/27/16): $50
Late registration (2/28/16 - 3/6/16): $60
Registration will be available during packet pick-up (see below) and on race day.
NO REFUNDS OR TRANSFERS
AWARDS & DOOR PRIZES
Awards will be presented to the male and female Overall, Masters (over 40), Senior Masters (50-59) and Grand Masters (60 and over) champions, and to the top 3 male and female finishers in each age division. The awards presentation will be at 9:30 a.m.
We offer one of the most unique awards you’ll find! The award this year will be a mounted print of an original oil painting by none other than Moe Johnson himself! See Moe after the race and have him sign your award!
0-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 and over.
T-SHIRTS & OTHER GOODIES
All registrants will receive a long-sleeved high-tech unisex-style T-shirt. All finishers will receive a runner’s hat and a ceramic coffee mug.
COMPLIMENTARY RACE PHOTOS
All registrants will be entitled to a free race photo, compliments of Moe! Race photos will be taken by Robert Bermea Photography.
MUSIC & FOOD
Live post-race music will feature The Adam Johnson Band, and sausage wraps from San Marcos BBQ will be provided.
Core Running Company (San Marcos): Saturday, March 5, 2016, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tanger Outlet Center (San Marcos): Sunday, March 6, 2016, 6 a.m. - 7 a.m.
TIMING & SCORING
This event will be manually timed and scored using RunScore race software.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARTICIPANTS
1. This race will be timed and scored using a computer and RunScore race software. Your race number and time will be manually recorded as you cross the finish line.
2. You will be issued a race number with a tear-off tag at the bottom. Attach your number to your outer clothing on the front side of your body, above your waist, so that your number can be clearly seen and read by race officials as you approach the finish line.
3. Do not remove the tear-off tag prematurely; it must be collected by race officials at the finish line. It follows, then, that you do not attach the tear-off tag section of your race number to your clothing with safety pins; leave it free where it can be easily removed. Otherwise, the finish-line volunteers may rip your shirt off.
4. There will be a finish chute at the finish line, arranged to funnel the runners down into single file. Race workers will be at the end of the chute to collect the tear-off tag from your race number. Proceed through the chute, remaining in the correct order of finish until the workers have removed your tear-off tag. As you are finishing, you may remove the tag yourself if you wish and hand it to the workers; this will speed up the flow of runners through the finish chute. Just be sure to give them your tag and not someone else’s, because we will notice that.
5. Do not cross the finish line more than once. If you finish the race and then go back out on the course to accompany another runner as they finish, you are a good person. However, veer off the course well in advance of the finish area so that you are not confused for a first-time finisher. Runners who cross the finish line more than once may result in multiple times being recorded for them, which in turn may result in incorrect times being assigned to later finishers. This will make them unhappy and they will condemn and rebuke the Race Director.
6. Failure to observe these exceedingly simple instructions may result in your being disqualified from consideration for awards and not being listed in the race results. Plus, we may gather around you in a circle and call you bad names.
7. Observing these instructions will earn you the love, admiration, respect and eternal gratitude of the Race Director and the San Marcos Runners Club.
RACE CONTACT: Moe Johnson E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (512) 396-2584
ABOUT SUBWAY OF CENTRAL TEXAS (www.txsubs.com)
Subway of Central Texas supports health and fitness by generously sponsoring a number of local running events. You can show your appreciation by patronizing Subway of Central Texas at one of these locations:
Buda 15300 IH-35 South Buda, TX (512) 295-8166
Buda 3310B FM-967, Ste. A-101/Building Buda, TX (512) 295-3162
Castroville 201 Hwy 90E Castroville, TX (830) 538-2244
Fredericksburg - Main St. 401 E Main Fredericksburg, TX (830) 997-0345
Fredericksburg - Walmart 1435 E Main St Fredericksburg, TX (830) 997-7444
Fredericksburg - Hwy 16 1017 Hwy 16S Fredericksburg, TX (830) 997-2850
Hondo - Walmart 109 22nd St Hondo, TX (830) 426-3070
Kerrville - Junction Hwy 228 Junction Hwy Kerrville, TX (830) 792-5565
Kerrville - Sidney Baker 207 Sidney Baker South Kerrville, TX (830) 792-4445
Kyle 5401 South FM 1626 Kyle, TX (512) 268-6400
Lytle 19450 FM-2790 Lytle, TX (830) 772-3007
New Braunfels - Target Center 2802 IH 35 N New Braunfels, TX (830) 387-4246
Sabinal 101 W Fisher Ave Sabinal, TX (830) 988-3020
San Marcos - Aquarena Springs 1504 Aquarena Springs Dr, Ste6 301 San Marcos, TX (512) 757-8833
San Marcos - Centerpoint Rd 690 Centerpoint Rd, #215 San Marcos, TX (512) 392-7770
San Marcos - Clarewood 1404 Clarewood San Marcos, TX (512) 353-0000
San Marcos - University 202 University Dr San Marcos, TX (512) 353-7500
San Marcos - Wonder World 102 Wonder World Dr San Marcos, TX (512) 353-7766
Wimberley 809 FM 2325 Wimberley, TX (512) 847-7824